When you love what you have, you have everything you need.




Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alphabet Magnets Tutorial

These magnets were really simple and cheap to make!  Aubrey watched me as I made them, and couldn't wait for them to dry.  I like that they are functional and cute enough that i don't mind them being on the fridge for extended periods of time (unlike cheap plastic letter magnets).


What You Need:
Scrapbook Paper-already had
Large Flat-Sided Marbles-dollar store $2
Mod-Podge-already had
Magnets-dollar store $1
Letter Stickers-Joanns w/coupon $2
Paintbrush-already had
Super glue-already had

1.  Trace the marbles on scrap paper and cut out.  Place a sticker in the middle of each circle.

2. Spread Mod-Podge on the marble and stick the paper with the letter facing the marble.  Then Mod-Podge over the back of the paper and marble.  Place marble front side down on wax paper to dry.

4.  Super glue a magnet onto the back.  Let dry.

5. Have fun playing with the magnets.  Aubrey loves making "words" with them on the metal pizza tray (dollar store find!)

Thanks to having way too many crafting things already, I was able to make this for only $5!  The only thing I would have done differently was that I would have used either solid paper/pattern letters OR pattern paper/solid letters.  Some of the letters can be hard for Aubrey to read because they are busy looking.
 Happy Crafting!!!!

Today I am linking with:
Friday Fun Party @ 
Inspire Me Fridays @
Frugal Friday @
Feature Friday Linky Party@
Frugalicious Friday@
Fabulously Creative Friday@
Show and Tell Friday @
Fabulous Friday @
Fridays Unfolded @

I know it's a lot, but I have been looking at so many others blogs and have really felt inspired lately with crafts, homekeeping, and homeschooling!!!  I hope you can find something that interests and inspires you too!




1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to make these!

    Would love to have you join my weekend linky party!

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-5.html

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete